Terms & Conditions
1.YOUR CONTRACT WITH COAST 2 COAST MOTORHOMES
By taking the hire vehicle you are accepting these terms and conditions. Please read this agreement carefully.
2.BOOKING CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
An initial payment of £300 per hire week is required to confirm the booking, which is non-refundable. A binding contract for the hire will come into place when Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes issues your booking acceptance and deposit is paid. The balance of your hire money is payable six weeks prior to the start date of your hire, or at the time of booking if less than six weeks from the start date of your hire. A security deposit of £700 is payable 7 days before the hire, this is taken to cover any damage/ repairs. On return of the motorhome, the vehicle will be inspected, and the full security deposit refunded providing it is returned in the same condition it was collected.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes. Please notify us immediately of a cancellation. If notification of your cancellation is received more than six weeks before the start date of your hire you will be refunded in full less the initial payment (the deposit). If notification of your cancellation is received less than six weeks before the start date of your hire all monies paid and due are non-refundable and you are still liable for any sums not yet paid.
Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes will endeavour to be flexible with collection and return times. Drop offs may also be available on request.
Unless otherwise agreed with Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes the motorhome will be available on the day of collection from the agreed location at 13.30 and must be delivered back to the agreed location by 10:00 on the last day of hire. The agreed collection and return times are part of your hire agreement. Late returns can have a significant impact on the next hire. If you fail to return your motorhome on time you will be liable to an extra charge, this will be £100 per hour late plus any additional costs incurred by Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes. The return time is when the motorhome is to be handed back to the operator, with all conditions met.
Occasionally motorhomes are not available as agreed, which is almost always due to events beyond the motorhome owner’s control. In the unfortunate event your booking has to be cancelled (which the motorhome owner has the right to do) Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes will provide a full refund of all monies you have paid for your booking.
6.EVENTS BEYOND THE OWNERS CONTROL
Unfortunately, events beyond Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes control occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events in these Conditions of Hire, this means any event(s) or circumstance(s) which Coast 2 Coast could not, foresee or avoid. Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your contract with the motorhome owner is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond the motorhome owners control. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject. However, if your booking needs to be cancelled as a result, Coast 2 Coast will provide a full refund as described above. We highly recommend that you take out separate holiday insurance to cover such eventualities.
Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes have the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes is not suitable to take charge.
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement.
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel. You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches, or damage to any under body work.
- You are responsible for the cost of recovery of the vehicle if it has become bogged or stuck.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes permission. If the owner does give you permission, you will only receive a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
- You must let Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to the place agreed, at the time agreed and remain responsible for the vehicle until this time.
- You will have to pay for repairs if the vehicle is damaged inside or out.
- You will have to pay if the vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning) this is charged at a rate of £50.
- Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
10.CONDITIONS FOR USING THE VEHICLE
On the day of collection, you are required to provide your photo driving license and x2 utility bills dated within the last three months. The vehicle must only be driven by you and any other driver named on the hire insurance policy. All drivers must have a full valid driving licence held for a minimum of 2 years and aged between 25 and 75 years old.
“I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read”.
The vehicle cannot be hired by or driven by:
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or
suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during the past 3 years.
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for 2 years or more.
You or any other authorised driver must not:
- Use the vehicle for hire or reward
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose
- Use the vehicle for racing, pace making, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive
- Use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Use the vehicle for towing
- Add a bike rack or roof box unless supplied by the operator
- Drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless we have given you written permission
- Overload the vehicle
- Carry goods or baggage that cause damage to the vehicle
- Break the Highway Code, road traffic laws or any other laws
11.CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE
Before leaving the rental location, you will be required to proceed with a joint examination of the vehicle with Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes. You will return the vehicle in the same condition as it was provided at the start of the rental and the vehicle condition sheet checked and countersigned. Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes has a 24-hour grace period to note any further damage or items missing from the inventory; where this is the case you will be notified immediately.
Charges are based on Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes price list at the time of booking. You will be charged for:
- The rental and any other charges liable under this agreement.
- A charge for any loss or damage to the motorhome (even if it is accidental or not your fault) this also includes windscreens, subject to the cover provided by the hire insurance. A refundable security deposit of £700 is required 7 days prior to collecting any motorhome for hire providing no damage is found upon return of the vehicle.
- Any charge for loss or damage resulting from you not complying with condition listed.
- You must empty the toilet cassette and wastewater tanks at the end of the hire period. There is a £50 charge for un-emptied cassettes and wastewater tanks.
- The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and is required to be returned with a full tank. There will be a charge for the cost of refuelling the vehicle.
- Gas is included. If more gas is required, this is the responsibility of the hirer to replace it.
- All fines and costs (including court costs) for parking, traffic or other offences must be paid by yourself.
In the event of an accident the safety of the hirer and their party is of most importance. Emergency services should be called immediately if necessary. It is then the hirers responsibility to:
- Notify Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes within 2hrs of the happening of the event.
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station.
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer.
- Assist Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
- Pay the insurance policy excess of £1250 or other amount due following an accident/incident in respect of any loss or damage arising from an accident.
- Pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
The acceptance of pets in the motorhome will be by agreement with Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes. There will be an additional charge of £50 per pet per hire.
Smoking inside the motorhome is strictly prohibited in Coast 2 Coast Motorhomes.
Notification of intent to use the Motorhome for the purpose of attending a festival must be disclosed at the time of booking. Please note the standard security deposit payable 7 days prior to hire is increased to £1000.
Notification of intent to take the Motorhome out of the UK must be disclosed at the time of booking. Please note the standard security deposit payable 7 days prior to hire is increased to £1250.